Sunday, October 18, 2009

UWT

So, unrelated to my adventures with Korea... I have started my 4th week at school at the University of Washington Tacoma. So far, I have been able to have my schedule all days Tuesdays and Thursdays. It has been overwhelming with the amount of work that comes with upper division classes, but at the same time, the challenges are really exciting.

My degree that I'm pursuing is Urban Studies with a minor in Environmental Studies. These topics deal with public policy, social rights, civil rights, urban planning and development. I find the program to be really awesome and engaging. I have a little less than two years to finish, so I'm trying to take in all that I can in order to fully gain every experience this program has to offer.

I am commuting this quarter down to Tacoma, although in the future I will have the opportunity to use the Bothell and Seattle campus. Right now I'm able to use the Sounder train, and I must say it is a great experience! To be able to drink some coffee, do some reading or even surf the internet instead of fighting traffic is so awesome!

Right now I am finding the balance between having a relationship, working 3 days a week, being a full-time student and getting in my hours of writing and the endless reading... oh lord the reading! It seems easy enough, but finding time to be able to truly engage in the reading is a challenge in itself.

So, I am pretty much surrendering to my education at this point and hope to at least be able to get in my yoga once a week and get out on a social level once a month. There are strange guilty feelings when I'm not spending my time with my nose in an article or paper. Don't be upset if I can't make it out for drinks and basically any fun activity. School and grants for school have me on serious lockdown. See you during the break!

No comments:

Post a Comment