Friday, December 17, 2010

Friends

As life flows through time and space, so do the friends and memories that you make along the way. The older I get, the more I realize how important friendship is - and how friendship changes just as life does. Relationships of all kinds evolve and change, even if you don't acknowledge it. Yesterday as I was telling Greg about how happy I was for one of my best friend's new job in Portland, he reminded me of all my close friends who are spread out all over the country. One of my best friends moved to the east coast 5 years ago, another close friend is in Hawaii, and more recently one of my best friends I made moving up to Seattle left for Texas. Now, the last two closest people in my life have moved (or are moving) to Portland.

I am excited for all the changes that occur in life, especially when they lead my friends towards their path of happiness. My friend on the east coast met her husband there, and now have a beautiful daughter with another on the way. The friend in Hawaii, well lets face it - he lives in Hawaii... what could be better? But, he is truly happy being able to live the beautiful island life, surfing and living with his lovely girlfriend. My friend who moved to Texas left with a broken heart, but is now happy with an amazing job and an amazing boyfriend. Now, two of my closest friends have gotten wonderful opportunities with their jobs in Portland - and have left the comfort zone of the "home town" (which I believe everyone should do at least once).

I realize that maintaining friendship is difficult as distance and busy lives interfere with what was once so easy and even taken for granted. I hope that all my friends know how much I love them, even though our friendships have changed. The only thing in life that we can depend on is change, and once we surrender to that idea - we acknowledge that we cannot hold onto the past. We can only embrace the present and enjoy our friends and moments as they happen. I love you all, and hold all of our memories and futures near and dear to my heart...




1 comment:

  1. oh wow!!! i've never seen that picture before Tami!! this was a beautiful blog, and i enjoyed reading it immensely. You are a deep, true friend---and will ALWAYS be in my heart for ever.

    PS i never knew a Britney crotch shot existed of me, and i have to say i'm quite proud.

    ReplyDelete