Friday, January 7, 2011

Overjoyed!

My oldest friend Morgan came to visit from Arizona this week. I only get to see her about once or twice a year, so it is always a special time that I look forward to. I've known Morgan since we were 6 years old. She was my childhood neighbor and best friend. I sort of forced her into the best friend status, as I made my mother buy me a "best friends" necklace (you remember, the ones with the two pieces of hearts?) and drive down to her house. There I asked her if she would do me the honor of being my best friend... who could say no to that? So I apologize Morgan if I forced you into a relationship, but what can I say? It led to a lifetime of friendship!

Throughout the years we have always stayed in contact, and I've seen her grow into an amazing person. Morgan was always incredibly creative and sweet. She never had an enemy, and was involved in many different circles of friends. I always admired her ability to float in and out of those circles with ease, and that she emulated kindness and fun. She has turned into a wonderful and intelligent person who is always in my thoughts.

Yesterday she met me and our friend Marisa for lunch. In the middle of our lunch date, she pulled out two tiny bottles of champagne with homemade cards attached asking us to be her bridesmaids! My eyes filled with tears, and instantly I still saw the small child version of Morgan. Words cannot express my happiness and how honored I am to contribute to this life changing event. Marisa and I both looked at each other and then at Morgan laughing and tearing, so happy for this incredible friend!

Congratulations Morgie B, I love you!

1 comment: