Monday, September 7, 2009

And the countdown begins...

I'm all packed up and ready to go, but can't quite get my brain to settle down. I am currently watching The Office marathon that TBS is running while Greg is at his Fantasy Football draft. Yes, you read it correctly... I am in love with a man who is in love with football so much, that every year he creates an imaginary football team that competes with his friend's imaginary football teams via the internet. I won't even get into it - but suffice it to say that it is probably the nerdiest thing I have ever witnessed. Football is supposed to be about men, beer and testosterone floating around on a Sunday. Not a room full of men with their excel spreadsheets and laptops trying to create a perfect "team" that they "manage"... I really want to emphasize that I use these terms loosely.

Sorry, my mind wanders... but what I want to emphasize are the overjoyed feelings of love that I have received from all my friends and family for this trip. My parents, grandparents and Greg especially have given me so much support in order for me to be able to take this journey. Each step has had the helping hand of everyone, and I just want to thank my friends and family for being so wonderful and lovely. I appreciate all your encouragement and understanding preparing me for this emotional journey. I look forward to letting you all know what I see, what I find, and how I'll grow from this experience.


No comments:

Post a Comment