Sunday, September 13, 2009

Jin comes to Seoul




So, my friend Jin met me in Seoul for the weekend where we were able to do a little sightseeing, eat and drink waaayy too much Soju. For those of you who don't know what Soju is, well, it's basically the devil hidden in Korean rice alcohol. We went out for dinner at a Korean BBQ joint with a few of Jin's friends. We ate pork BBQ and drank beer and Soju. The Korean guys spoke english very well, and we had a great conversation about the our different cultures. I was curious to know what sort of American music they liked, and they were super into Ne-Yo (which I thought was really strange) and liked Justin Timberlake (I mean who doesn't???), Lady GaGa, Jay-Z, and Beyonce. It was interesting because one of the guys there is a K-Pop music writer. You know, Korean pop? Pretty cool I thought, and I'll have to find out which song it is from Jin because I was sort of impressed that we were at dinner with a semi-famous Korean!




We went to a couple more bars where we drank and danced the night away. It was all a fun blur until the cab ride home where I realized vomiting was a definite in my near future. The next day I had the most wicked hangover on the 3 hour train ride to Busan. I thought I was going to die! Correction, I wanted to die... but of course like most alcohol infused binges, I did survive.




I went exploring to a market close by this afternoon, and got to buy some souvenirs. I will do some more exploring tomorrow, and am excited to venture over to the huge fish market... I'm thinking sushi!

No comments:

Post a Comment