Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Bonjour Paris, xoxo



To end my lovely European adventure, I finally got to Paris - a city that I absolutely love! I got to meet up with my friend Ruthy for the weekend before I left back home, and we had such a lovely time! We decided to eat everything that our heart desired and were able to have many wonderful French meals with fabulous wine and interesting conversations. Definitely did some tourist stuff, but mostly just took our time and fully embraced every moment that the Parisian culture had to offer us.







Our last night we met up with some of the guys from my group for dinner and then ended the evening at the park in front of the Eiffel Tower. Had some wine and enjoyed the beautiful night with great company and conversation. It was the perfect ending to my adventure, and am so happy that I was able to connect with Ruthy for this girls weekend out. Love you girl!





Final thoughts on my trip...


One month pushed my comfort levels without having my wonderful partner with me. Americans are pretty impatient and at times can be challenging with all the whining and complaining - but we got through it, and I think that I have made some friendships that will last a lifetime. Freedoms of religion and speech I take for granted living in the states. Although we have our own problems, Europe is dealing with many of the same immigration and racism just like everyone else in the world. Lastly, I am happy to be home - and especially happy to have two months off before my last year of school starts up again!

No comments:

Post a Comment