Monday, July 5, 2010

Utrecht University


Back in Holland and had our first day at Utrecht University summer course of "European Culture and Identities" today. Just an
in ital introduction, but it was cool to see all the other students in the course. We are made up of 3 schools from the states and a couple of schools from China. There were a group of really cute tiny girls from Hong Kong sitting next to me, and were very sweet!


Student housing is good, not great - but decent. We at least get our own room, and it seems like the dynamics of our group are going well. I think that there was at one point a moment or two that we were going to hurt each other, but we made it through and celebrated the 4th of July on the rooftop with beers and blunts (hey, it's legal here!).


Thoughts so far are that my feet are very mad at me, I currently am working on 4 blisters and a mother of a blister. Thanks flat Asian feet, you suck! Also, study abroad is tougher on my body physically and emotionally than originally anticipated... but I guess I sort of expected that. Lastly, I will not go out of the country again unless I can share it with Greg. He is the best travel partner (and partner in general) ever, and I miss him so much!

Other than that, GO NETHERLANDS!!! World Cup Baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment